Monday, April 27, 2009

More Signs of Spring

Saw my first turtle (tortise?) crossing the road this morning on the way to work. Saw another one on the way home.... there's a joke in there somewhere :-) My neighbor's iris are blooming; ours are always weeks behind, because we're in the valley on a north slope I guess. Even though the jonquils have come and gone, not to mention the crocus and other early risers I've been thinking it's taking a hella long time for the oak trees on the property to bud and leaf out. This weekend's rain must have spurred them on - the great oak on our back porch showed these off today: (my fat hand is there to give an idea of size - grin) So are the stinking ants in my cabinets a sign of spring also? I completely emptied my spice cabinet this afternoon when I got home and sprayed it down. I've tried cinnamon and mint but they keep showing up so I went for the heavy duty stuff today. And crickets! Where are all these critters coming from and why aren't they staying OUTSIDE where they belong!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment