Sunday, January 24, 2010

More Tags & A Happy (unrelated) Result




It was a cold, windy, rainy, all-round yucky day today so I stayed inside and got a few more tags finished.  I think this is my favorite of the bunch.  Cut strips from magazines, text stamp, my zentangle heart.  The hat was a happy accident; I had cut the flowers out of a magazine but when I turned them sideways I noticed it was in the shape of a hat so ta-da!  Don't you just love happy accidents :-)

L is kind of the "queen" of our group.  She's been in the district the longest so she got the most elaborate one.  The "queen" is some small foam letters I painted with gold.  The bottom embellishment is plain old aluminum foil that I embossed, drew on with a red sharpie, then used some acrylic ink on.





This is K, our choir teacher (hence the scraps of music torn from an old hymnal).  That stuff on the top is my last attempt at trying to make an acrylic skin.  I swear, I've read every book, watched every video, and am just poo at trying to get one of those suckers.  Maybe because I'm trying to do it from old books?  Anyway, I had this whole page of a song titled we'll have fun when we sing but it wasn't transparent enough so I just cut the title off and attached it with those cute little heart brads I found at Michael's (the craft store).  Her dress is a piece of transparency that I had printed bubbles on for my altered book page and I drew the belt with sharpie (again).


Last but not least.  C is a cat fiend, so her cat got the crown instead of her!









2 comments:

  1. love those wacky looking tags they are great. I like the result of your stamping it looks really good..will have to have a go of that as I kept some foam trays from the chippy the other day (chips are the name for french fries over here as I am not sure you have fish and chip shops in Missouri)Thanks for your lovely comment on my doodling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina, thanx for your comment on my blog.
    I have looking your blog and I love your style. Love also the tag colors and image. Great!!

    ReplyDelete